Established in 1922, Springlake is a very welcoming and tight-knit neighborhood. The Springlake Civic Association is very active and maintains a neighborhood watch, regular picnics, a neighborhood directory, and annual holiday events. The community also features a garden club and regular cocktail parties, as well as ice cream socials and other fun events for kids.
Located on the southwest side of Buckhead, Springlake is walking distance to Fellini’s Pizza, Atlanta Food Truck Park, The District at Howell Mill, Howell Mill Village shops and Publix. Brand new mixed use developments just south of the neighborhood promise upscale restaurants and boutiques. It is also convenient to Interstate 75 and partially bordered by the Bobby Jones Golf Course.
Architecture in this neighborhood ranges from small bungalows to modern Cape Cods.
- Households: about 400 homes
- Average sales price: just over $600,000 in 2015
- Property taxes: approx. $6,000/year on a $600,000 with homestead exemption
- Amenities: Very engaged community association, park, Pigapalooza
- Public – Morris Brandon, Sutton Middle School, and North Atlanta High School
- Private – The Lovett School, Heritage Prep School, and Christ the King School