The holiday season is such a wonderful time to be out and about in Atlanta! It’s one of the few times of the year my husband and I are willing to brave the crowds with the kids. We just love taking them out on the town for some special events done like only Atlanta can. Below are a few of our favorites, especially great if you have friends and family visiting from out of town.
- Garden Lights Holiday Nights at Atlanta Botanical Garden – This event is an annual must-do for us! This is a great event to take the kids of all ages. The light display is spectacular and the kids always love the model trains. For more information, visit: http://atlantabg.org/visit/events/garden-lights.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at the Center for Puppetry Arts – Another wonderful holiday tradition in Atlanta is to go see Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer performed at the Center for Puppetry Arts. It’s just like the classic TV movie we’ve watched each year since childhood. For tickets and information visit: http://www.puppet.org/.
- Ice Rink & Holiday in Lights at Centennial Olympic Park – What’s more romantic and festive than ice skating and enjoying the holiday lights? This is a great place for young and old to enjoy a little ice time together and they have awesome concessions as well. For hours and fees, visit: https://www.gwcca.org/Ice-Rink-Holiday-in-Lights/.
Of course we can’t forget to mention a few of the fun, festive holiday happenings in my favorite part of town, the Westside. Atlantic Station is a great place to go for lots of holiday cheer. Here’s our favorites:
- Go Ice Skating – There’s a gorgeous outdoor skating rink decorated for the season, perfect for the whole family. Remember, divide and conquer, one parent can shop and the other can take the kids to skate. I say that’s a win-win! Get hours and information at: https://www.skateatlanticstation.com/.
- Visit and get pics with Santa – In Central Park, Santa has his own cottage and you’re invited to drop in for a visit. If you don’t want to wait in line, you can reserve a spot online.
- New this year! Christkindl Market: Atlanta Holiday Festival – The first and largest holiday winter market kicked off December 2nd. The event is modeled after a traditional German Christmas Market Festival with plenty of fun shopping and authentic German food and beverages. Sounds fun to me! Get more info at: http://christkindlmarket.org/.
So, looks like we have every reason to get out there and enjoy the season in our wonderful city. I wish you a holiday season of joy and laughter with your family and friends!