Food, farmers and shopping on the Westside
Summer has arrived! The long days of sweltering, sticky heat are upon us. Super! Nevertheless, summer is the perfect time to check out all the new, fun shops, restaurants and goings-on in Atlanta’s Westside. Since there are so many great new venues, I thought I’d put together a short list of the best places I recommend you check out. What do you like to do in Westside? Let me know in the comments below.
- Westside Farmers Market – Once you visit you’ll understand why it was voted the best new farmer’s market last year. Each Sunday from 10am to 2pm, known as “eclectic and best-loved community farmer’s markets.” This foodie heaven includes food from farmers and food artisans plus chef demonstrations, fresh cut flowers and more. For more info: cfmatl.org/westside.
- Shopping at Crafted Westside – When you need the perfect hostess gift or unique piece for your home, you have to check out Crafted. Heck, just take a walk through and check out all the cool pieces they have. They’ve assembled an amazing collection of one-of-a-kind artisan jewelry, apparel, art, accessories in their space giving local designers and artisans a place to offer their wares. For more info: www.craftedwestside.com.
- Take a Homebrew Class at Hop City Craft Beer & Wine – What a better way to spend the long, hot summer than making your own liquid air conditioning…beer. Hop City offers a beginner class to get you on your way to ‘hoppyness!’ (sorry, I couldn’t resist 😉 ). For more info and class schedules: www.hopcitybeer.com.
- Tapas at 5 Seasons Westside – After all that shopping, you’re bound to be hungry…and thirsty. Make a stop at 5 Seasons Westside’s amazing patio for tapas and cocktails. The food is great, the beer is fresh brewed and the patio view is amazing (so gorgeous that people have had their weddings up there). For more info: www.5seasonsbrewing.com.
- Take in a concert at Terminal West – If you love live music and getting your groove on, you must make a night of it at Terminal West. It’s a great venue with great live bands. If you’re hungry from all that booty shaking you can get food there as well! For the concert line-up visit: www.terminalwestatl.com.
So, cheers to a great summer! Let me know when you get a chance to hang out on the Westside and what your favorite places are to visit. I’m looking forward to spending a day out soon looking for more great places!