The Riverside neighborhood is experiencing tremendous growth and revitalization since 2014. Now a healthy mix of old and new homes, there are big commercial development plans in store for this area.
Sandwiched in between the Bolton neighborhood and Whittier Mill Village, Riverside has an elected charm all its own.
Fun Facts from Wikipedia:
The area was originally a working plantation, known as the Spink Estate after its owner, James W. Spink. Spink sold the first lots, which are now occupied by the residence and carriage house at the intersection of Spink Street and Hollywood Road, for the start of this new community in 1892.
- Households: about 410 homes
- Property taxes: approx. $2000/year on a $200,000 with homestead exemption
- Median 2015 sales price: $237,500
- Amenities: Very engaged community; Walkable to Westside restaurants; Bordered by Chattahoochee River
- Public schools: Bolton Academy Elementary, Sutton Middle School, North Atlanta High School